Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Job no: 493784
Categories: Sport and Recreation
- Permanent, Full time
- Salary from $ 73,455 + 10% Super
- Glen Waverly/Oakleigh/Clayton
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
The Active Monash Leisure Centres are highly regarded throughout the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, attracting over 1.5 million attendances per annum.
Active Monash fosters a culture of professionalism, innovation and positive engagement.
About the Position:
To create a positive culture of safety to promote growth while maintaining a safe work environment for the community and members of staff alike. Manage and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders to reach effective resolutions to both identified risks and outstanding maintenance.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in OHS and experience in Guidelines to Safe Pool Operations in the recreation environment.
- Ability to problem solve and apply principles in OHS, Compliance and Operations
- Confidence and ability to delegate to team members, sharing accountability and enabling a team culture.
- Capability and experience in coaching team members, via listening, questioning and offering guidance.
- Ability to implement relevant policies & practices and ensure staff understand processes through ongoing training and development.
- Ability to use initiative to assess and provide clear direction to a range of stakeholders internally and externally.
Requirement of the position:
- Qualifications within the relevant field or less formal qualification with relevant experience in the field of Recreation, Safety, OHS and/or Compliance.
- Current Level 2 First Aid with current CPR
- Lifeguard Certificate
- Working with Children’s Check
In accordance with the Chief Health Officer direction, all local government employees must be fully vaccinated from 26 November, 2021. Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencement.
What We Offer:
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements and training opportunities
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Luke DePasquale on 9265 4888 or at Luke.DePasquale@monash.vic.gov.au.
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend