Job no: 494413
Categories: Community Services & Development, Government and Defence
- Multiple casual Library Officer roles available
- Hourly rate $41.37 plus Superannuation
- Based at multiple locations in the Eastern suburbs
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Our library aims to encourage lifelong learning, increase literacy and build strong, resilient communities.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for the provision of excellent customer service to the Monash community. Join a hardworking and customer focused team to:
- Provide courteous assistance and accurate information to all patrons in the branch and over the phone.
- Actively promote library services, resources and activities to the public.
- Ensure the presentation of the library is of a high standard.
- Assist patrons with library PCs, printing and electronic resources as appropriate.
- Work independently and as part of the team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- An understanding of the role of public libraries in the community
- Ability to be accurate and attend to details
- Ability to troubleshoot minor IT issues at a branch level
- Ability to speak a language or languages other than English is well regarded
Requirements of the position:
- A current and valid Victorian Drivers Licence;
- Right to work in Australia;
- Working with Children Check;
- Satisfactory National Police Check; and
- Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Wednesday 12 April 2023 at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Chrissie Bonsor or Vikki Grosser on (03) 9265 4877.
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend