Leading Hand Gardener
Job no: 494439
Categories: Government and Defence
- Permanent, Full Time
- Salary from $69,699 pa + Superannuation
- Based in Notting Hill
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity in the Parks and Gardens Team as the Leading Hand Gardener.
About the Position:
The Leading Hand Gardener will assist the Foreperson Major Ornamental Gardens with daily operations of the Gardens Team including programming and reactive works. Other duties include:
- Assisting field teams with on-ground works and specialist knowledge
- Ensure on-ground OH&S standards are role modeled and maintained
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, friendly, flexible and hardworking team player. They will have a passion for horticulture and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment. You will have:
- Certificate IV in Horticulture or substantial relevant experience.
- Sound Horticultural knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of the operation of horticultural irrigation systems, plant and equipment and chemicals.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Current manual Medium Rigid truck licence, or willingness to obtain within 3 months of commencement.
Requirement of the position:
- Right to work in Australia;
- Satisfactory National Police Check; and
- Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Sunday 8 October 2023 at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Liesl Pacher on 9518 3757.
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend