Child Care Educator
Job no: 494344
Categories: Government and Defence
- Multiple Casual Positions
- Hourly rate $38.10 + Superannuation
- Located in Hughesdale
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Brine Street Child Care Centre is excited to announce a rare opportunity to join the team at Brine Street team in Hughesdale. Brine Street is the only Council owned and managed Child Care Centre within the City of Monash. We are a centre committed to excellence and have been rated under the National Quality Standards (NQS) as exceeding the National Quality Standards.
About the Role:
Working for the City of Monash at the Brine Street Child Care Centre in Hughesdale, you will support quality educational programs in accordance with the principles of the National Quality Framework. You will have previous experience contributing to the cycle of observations & planning in an education and care setting, must have strong team ethics, strong communication skills, and knowledge of children's development and be rewarded by enhancing the lives of children and their families.
- Certificate III Children’s Services (minimum);
- Current First Aid Certificates for an early years education and care setting;
- A valid working with children's check and police check (less than six months old) are required;
- Ability to work a range of shifts between 6.45 am to 6.00 pm;
- Ability to Work effectively with all team members within the early years setting;
- Previous experience in providing quality customer service;
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with, families and children;
- Knowledge of the National and Victorian Early Years Learning Frameworks (VEYLDF) and National Quality Framework (NQF);
- Ability to maintain a safe and environmentally sustainable environment for children; and
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Children training is desirable.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Well supported and resourced through collaboration with experienced, enthusiastic and highly qualified co-workers;
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply:
Applications are currently open, please include the following when you apply:
- A cover letter that includes detailed responses to the key selection criteria specified in the position description.
- Resume that details your qualifications, skills, experience and your early childhood philosophy.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Jenny Donegan on 9518 3940 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend