Learn to Swim Instructor
Job no: 494207
Categories: Sport and Recreation
- Casual Position
- $36.59 per hour + Superannuation
- Located: Glen Waverley / Oakleigh / Clayton
The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Our Active Monash Leisure Centres are highly regarded throughout the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, attracting over 1.5 million attendances per annum. Active Monash prides itself on an inclusive and diverse working environment, encouraging members to ‘Participate Their Way’ and providing services for all members of our community.
About the Position:
Our Learn to Swim Instructors are passionate about creating strong, engaging relationships with our students and parents. We encourage all students to develop the confidence and skills to be safe in aquatic environments.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualifications in swimming instruction, and skills in managing students of various ages and abilities in an aquatic learning environment.
- Experience in the Aquatics and Recreation Industry.
- Strong organisation and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team and help foster team goals
- Well-developed time management and supervision skills.
Requirement of the position:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Must be available for a variety of daytime, night and weekend shifts.
- Current AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Current CPR Qualification
- Working With Children
- Satisfactory National Police Check; and
- Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Helen Akers on 9265 4888 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Sunday 25 December 2022, at 11:55pm.
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend