- Salary from $41.71 + Superannuation
- Position Location: Glen Waverley / Oakleigh / Clayton
The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Our Active Monash Leisure Centres are highly regarded throughout the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, attracting over 1.5 million attendances per annum. Active Monash prides itself on an inclusive and diverse working environment, encouraging members to ‘Participate Their Way’ and providing services for all members of our community.
About the Position:
The Duty Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Centre, ensuring they are prepared and adequately staffed to provide services and activities that are safe and meet the professional service standards of each Centre.
In addition, the Duty Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the water filtration equipment, which includes plant room checks and conducting regular water quality tests to ensure appropriate health standards are met.
- Relevant qualifications (Pool Lifeguard Award, Senior First Aid and CPR) and experience in Lifeguarding and supervising aquatic environments
- Sound customer service skills and ability to respond to customer complaints
- Ability to work and effectively direct a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain control and concentration over a dynamic workplace
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and problem solving skills.
Applicants need only apply if they are available for a variety of daytime, night and weekend shifts as well as readily available over the summer period.
Requirement of the position:
- Pool Lifeguard certification
- Level 2 First Aid
- CPR certification
- Pool Operations Certification (preferred)
- Fire Warden Certification (preferred)
- Experience in plant room, and equipment maintenance (preferred)
- Employee Working with Children’s Check
- Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
In accordance with the Chief Health Officer direction, all local government employees must be fully vaccinated from 26 November, 2021. Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencement.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Sunday 4th September at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Morgan Einam at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.