- Permanent Part Time position, 4 days a week
- Salary from $89,857 (pro rata) + Superannuation
- Rewarding role in delivering our Reconciliation Action Plan
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
You will be joining a high performing, fast paced team that works collaboratively across Council to deliver community engagement and community development.
About the Position:
This is a special measures role and only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples are eligible to apply, as per the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
The Aboriginal Partnerships Officer role is an exciting position that will be responsible for the delivery of the Monash, Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan. The position will work closely with the Cultural Diversity Community Development Officer and partner organisations to build capacity and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait self-determination across the organisation and the community.
The role is integral to raise awareness, strengthen systems, policies and programs connected with the key deliverables from our Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Experience in Community Development, working with Traditional Owner groups, Aboriginal and Torres Strait controlled organisations, community groups and community members.
- Qualification or experience in Social Work, Community Services, Community Development, Counselling, Welfare or similar is desirable.
- Experience in developing plans and practically applying policies and strategies.
- Highly developed communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally, including an ability to develop and present information in clear, easy to understand language.
Requirement of the position:
- Employee Working with Children’s Check;
- A current Driver’s Licence;
- Satisfactory National Police Check; and
- Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to:
- Vibrant health and well-being programs;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supportive and accessible management;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Training and development opportunities; and
- Discounted gym memberships.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the position.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of 14 December 2022 at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Colin Bostock on 03 9518 3214 or at email@example.com
Monash Council is committed to be a flexible, safe, equal and inclusive workplace where we embrace and support diversity.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people who are from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and cultural background. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also committed to being a Child Safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.