Senior Development Engineer, Civic Centre, City of Monash
Permanent full-time, Band 7, $96,509 - $108,000 plus superannuation
The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to undertake a variety of tasks and projects in Council's Infrastructure and Development Engineering team. If you have an interest in actively participating in a close knit and well established team working on drainage, roads and rights of way, car parks, paths, reserves and general civil investigation duties, customer service and checking of plans and detention system calculations, then it is time to apply.
Applicants must hold a Civil Engineering tertiary qualification recognised for admission to the Institute of Engineers Australia together with professional engineering experience.
This position will have significant contact with the public and developers on technical engineering matters so highly-developed and clear oral and written communication skills are essential.
What you need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, infrastructure or related discipline.
- Advanced level of written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant experience in development and infrastructure planning within the context of an urban environment and a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and assist in the development and training of junior development engineers.
- Proficient level of interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Sensitivity to community needs, encouraging a sense of pride and belonging and promoting a positive image of the Council both in character and services provided.
- Ability to prepare and present detailed reports to and for the organisation.
- A commitment to consistently delivering a high quality customer experience.
- Preferably Local Government experience in the field of Development Engineering.
Why you’ll want to join us?
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well being program, flexible working arrangements, training opportunities and have your achievements recognised through a comprehensive reward and recognition program.
Position Description: Refer to the attached Position Description
Enquiries: If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Adrian Willoughby, at 0427 222 647
How to Apply: Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role. Applications are currently open, with a closing date of 23 September, 2020 at 11:55pm.
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.