Report & Consent Officer
Job no: 493163
Categories: Government and Defence
Report & Consent Officer, Building Unit - City of Monash
Full-time permanent, Band 6, $ 85,945 - $ 93,675 plus superannuation
Please join our Building Unit Team as a Council Delegate to maintain the Report and Consent (dispensation) function of Council, under the Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations 2018.
Key responsibilities include:
Co-ordinating the Report and Consent function of Council, you will:
- Carry out site investigations
- Represent Council at the Building Appeals Board (BAB) for appeals against a decision, or approval of Council
- Provide regulatory, technical and policy advice to applicants, architects, builders and others to facilitate and ensure compliance with legislation and Council Policies
- Monitor legislative changes and building practices and inform others of such
You will have:
- Degree or Diploma qualification in Building Surveying or Town Planning
- Experience in Building/ Planning or a relevant legislatively driven field
- Current registration as a Registered Building Practitioner in the category of Building
- A well-planned approach to assessing information and making decisions
- A keenness to understand and share legislation
- An astute and knowledgeable approach to supporting others
Highly regarded but not essential:
- A Surveyor with the Victorian Building Authority
What we offer:
The City of Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
Your personal and professional development is a key focus. Look forward to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements, training opportunities, discounted gym membership and a reward and recognition program.
- Full-time, permanent Local Government Band 6 position
- Report to the Deputy Municipal Building Surveyor
- Based at the Civic Centre, Glen Waverley, although current Working From Home conditions apply for your safety
- Access to a commuter use vehicle for work purposes is available
To discuss: please feel welcome to discuss the position confidentially with Tim Nuttall, Mobile 0418 388 220
To apply: Please submit a Cover Letter outlining your qualification(s) and experience that align with the positon, and a copy of your Resume.
Applications close: Sunday 30 September 2020, at 11.55pm
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend