Duty Manager - Seasonal
Job no: 493199
Categories: Sport and Recreation
Seasonal Duty Manager, Active Monash, City of Monash
Casual, Band 4 +25(A), $39.41 per hr (plus superannuation)
Position Location: Glen Waverley / Oakleigh / Clayton
The Active Monash Leisure Centres are highly regarded throughout the Aquatic and Recreation Industry, attracting over 1.5 million attendances per annum. Active Monash fosters a culture of professionalism, innovation and positive engagement.
Seasonal casual opportunities exist for dynamic, motivated and suitably experienced individuals to become part of the Lifeguard and Duty Manager team at Active Monash.
About the Role:
The Duty Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Centre, ensuring they are prepared and adequately staffed to provide services and activities that are safe and meet the professional service standards of each Centre.
In addition, the Duty Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the water filtration equipment, which includes plant room checks and conducting regular water quality tests to ensure appropriate health standards are met. Centre hygiene is of the utmost importance and a high level must be maintained throughout the day.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and that any potential or actual problems are dealt with in a timely manner and reported to the appropriate Manager.
- Maintain the professional public image within the Centres and create the desired safe, informative and friendly environment.
- Respond to, and deal appropriately with, customer complaints or operational issues that may arise and report to the appropriate Manager.
- Manage plant and equipment to ensure health and safety standards are met and undertake timely testing of the quality of water bodies.
- Actively contribute to the provision of a clean and safe facility, ensuring compliance with the relevant State and Local Government requirements.
- Facilitate the implementation and monitoring of OH&S Regulations and Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling requirements and other relevant legislation.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to problem solve in a complex environment.
- The ability to manage technical plant and equipment, and conduct analysis of water
- Experience in plant room and equipment maintenance.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Well-developed organisation and time management skills; and
- The flexibility to work any day or time of the week.
- Current Pool Lifeguard Award
- Provide First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Pool Operators Certificate (Optional); and
- Current and valid Victorian Driver Licence
What We Offer:
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements and training opportunities
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience and how it relates to the role.
Applications are currently open, with a closing date of Wednesday 28th October 2020 at 11:55pm.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Charlotte Gray-Shields on 0435 528 749 or at Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monash Council values flexible working arrangements and embraces workplace diversity, inclusion and equity, including children and young people.
We are committed to being a child safe organisation and have zero tolerance to child abuse.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend